The three industrial authorities of Uttar Pradesh– Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway — on Monday allocated Rs.20,160 crore for their 2016-17 budget.
- The Noida authority alone allocated Rs. 9024 Crore for its annual budget. The money was sanctioned during a board meeting held in the Sector 6 office. Last year, the authority had allocated a budget of Rs. 8887 Crore.
- Officials from the authority said a large share of the money will be spent on the development of infrastructure.
- “Our emphasis this year has been on budget allocation for infrastructure development. We have set aside almost 50% of the total budget for development of infrastructure in Noida,” said Saumya Srivastava, Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DCEO) of the authority.
- Noida has allocated Rs.1,500 crore for metro projects, Rs.404 crore for construction of underpasses, flyovers and elevated roads. A total of Rs.192 crore has been earmarked for development of villages, Rs.220 crore has been set aside for construction of multi-level parking lots, Rs.120 crore for development of parks, and Rs.132 crore for construction of roads, among other projects.
- “We have allocated Rs.1,500 crore for metro and Rs.404 crore for flyover, underpass and elevated road projects because we want the residents to get better public transport facilities. Commuters should do not face traffic congestion. We want the roads to be free of jams,” said Srivastava.
- The Greater Noida authority approved a budget of Rs. 7074.87 Crore for 2016-17. Last year, the authority passed a budget of Rs. 6994 Crore.
- “We have allocated Rs. 3700 Crore for acquisition of land in 2016-17. We need to purchase land for roads, bridges, industrial projects, landfill sites and development of parks. We have allocated Rs.1295 Crore for other development projects. We will spend Rs.210 Crore for development of villages in 2016-17,” said PC Gupta, additional chief executive officer of the authority.
- The Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority approved a budget of Rs. 4028.86 Crore for 2016-17, officials said. The Yamuna authority had last year allocated Rs. 3426 Crore.
- “We have decided to spend Rs. 1500 Crore on acquisition of land. We have earmarked Rs. 912 Crore for development projects. Rs. 60 Crore will be spent on development of villages,” said Arun Vir Singh Chief Executive Officer of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority.