Every important location in a city has a strong security force. These security forces are not just there to protect us but they are adept in handling every antisocial happening. Giving importance to the commuters, the UP state government on Monday gave its in-principle approval to an elaborate security plan for the 29-km-long Noida-Greater Noida Metro corridor.
- The plan includes the establishment of a ‘Metro Force’ formed of UP Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel, setting up of police stations, and installation of CCTV cameras at proposed stations.
- The key element of the security plan will be the ‘Metro Force,’ a specially trained battalion of 1,000 UP PAC personnel. Out of the eight companies in the battalion, two companies will be formed of 242 women police personnel, said officials.
- The force will be set up along the lines of the Central Industrial Security Force that guards the Delhi Metro.
- MRC Chairman Rama Raman said that the PAC battalion will be established in Greater Noida. “We are planning to set up a specially trained battalion on the lines of CISF for fool-proof security of Metro rail in the state. Other than Metro rail projects, the special force would also provide security to important establishments like power projects, big hospitals and important bridges.”
- The proposals include setting up a police post in Noida Sector 71 and a police station at Depot station in Greater Noida. The police station in Greater Noida will have 21 women constables.
- The plan also includes two quick response teams, which will include two doctors and two trainers, a dozen CCTV cameras and a control room at every Metro station, facility for registering an FIR at the Sector 71 police post and a chief security officer to head the security apparatus.