- The Noida Authority is planning to install high definition CCTV cameras on mobile towers across the city to improve the surveillance system. In the first stage, about 57 cameras will be installed on the towers. The video feed will be transmitted to the police control room using high bandwidth fibre optic cables.
- According to Noida Authority officials, mobile tower operators will be provided with extra space to install cell towers in lieu of the company installing cameras and transmitting the video feed to the police control room free of cost through broadband fibre optic lines with a bandwidth of at least 2Mbps.
- The aim is to improve surveillance in areas prone to crime.
- “The company will lay 4G broadband fibre optic lines in Noida and the transmission will be free of cost. The Authority will only need to provide space for setting up mobile towers,” Project Engineer Salil Yadav said.
- “The company has agreed to our conditions and as soon as the logistics are completed, the towers along with the CCTV cameras will be installed,” said Yadav. “Other cellular tower operators will also be roped into the project in later stages,” said the official.
Keeping in mind the security of its residents, Wave City Center, coming up at Sector 32, Noida, will have high tech security all along its parameter.