Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is a set of rating systems for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of green buildings, homes and neighbourhoods. U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has developed LEED, promoting sustainability through Green Buildings. In India, Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) has licensed the LEED Green Building Standard from the USGBC. IGBC facilitates Indian green structures to become one of the green buildings. Key points about IGBC (LEED) Green Existing Building
- The rating is designed to suit all building types in all climatic zones and is for both air-conditioned and non-air conditioned buildings.
- For energy related aspects, following standards are recommended to use – Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) or the Energy Performance Index (EPI) by BEE.
- Levels of certification are (a) Certified for Best Practices, (b) Silver rating for outstanding performance (c) Gold rating for national excellence (d) Platinum rating for global leadership.
A building which uses less energy, water & natural resources is the one which is termed as green building. These buildings create less waste and are healthier for the people living inside compared to a standard building. LEED India’s approach for green buildings includes:
- Sustainable site development
- Water savings
- Energy efficiency
- Materials selection
- Indoor environmental quality
India ranks No. 3 on U.S. Green Building Council List of Top 10 Countries for LEED. Wave City Center in Sector 25A & 32, Noida is on course to becoming the newest, greenest, cleanest, most sustainable city on Earth. The project is developed in compliance to LEED Gold Certification. Gold Category involves total commitment to energy-efficient appliances, renewable energy, rainwater harvesting and water recycling. Wave City Center will ensure a environment friendly, secure and safe environment to its occupants. Come, experience a new generation living, where THE WORLD IS WITHIN. Sources IGBC.in Green Clean Guide.com USGBC Glass is Green.com Learn more about investing in Wave City Center