Today, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, will be inaugurating the 10.3 km. Hindon elevated road, built on single pier. This project is a boon for the commuters, who face daily traffic jams on their way to Delhi & back.
- The road is the longest flyway in India to be built on single-pier pillars.
- The 10.3km-long elevated road has been built to allow non-stop, direct movement of vehicles, which are not meant for Ghaziabad city – to travel from UP Gate on NH-24 till Raj Nagar Extension and vice-versa.
- There will be a patrolling team for round-the-clock survey of the elevated road.
- A crane will be permanently placed on the stretch to deal with breakdowns.
- Single pier bridges takes little space compared to traditional ones.
- The Hindon elevated road from UP Gate to Raj Nagar extension is a six lane road.
- The road is 10.3 km. long, of which 9.3 km. is elevated.
- The flyway is built at a budget of Rs. 1147.60 Crore.
- The flyway is expected to see nearly 4000 vehicles per hour during peak hours.
Source: Times of India