Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav is all set to announce conservation plans for a 2500 acre area of forest land in Noida & Greater Noida on March 15.
- The unveiling of a Butterfly Park will also be done on the same day.
- This Butterfly Park will be developed in Greater Noida’s Surajpur wetland.
- This would be a first-of-its-kind park in the state.
- The officials in Gautam Budh Nagar district said that this move is aimed at increasing the green cover of the state.
- “Akhilesh wants to take steps to increase the green cover of Gautam Budh Nagar (Noida & Greater Noida) and other districts too. Therefore, he has directed us to prepare plans on how we can increase the green cover in 2500 acre of land reserved for forest. This 2500 acre of land is located amid urban as well as rural areas in various parts of the district,” said KK Sing, Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) Gautam Budh Nagar.