To give the residents of the city a secure living environment, the state government recently planned to install high-tech CCTV cameras in Ghaziabad.
- This would keep a track of traffic violators, at 100 strategic points of the city.
- Apart from identifying traffic violators, the city police are planning to install surveillance equipment at strategic points along Deli-UP border.
- The project is an initiative of the state government and is already in place in Lucknow.
- It will be extended to Allahabad and Ghaziabad in the next phase.
- At present the city has 150 CCTV cameras, which are monitored from a centralised police control room.