There has been a major change done on the proposed sector 142 to Okhla Pakshi Vihar metro line. Instead of Pakshi Vihar, the route has now been altered from Botanical Garden to Sector 142.
- According to Noida Authority CEO and chairperson Rama Raman, the proposed Metro route between Noida Sector 142 and Okhla Bird Sanctuary (OBS) will work better if it were linked to the Botanical Garden Metro station.
- Explaining the change in the proposal, Raman said, “This would mean better connectivity options for commuters. With the earlier option, passengers would have had to go to Mayur Vihar station to change trains. If we extend the line up to the Botanical Garden station, commuters will get two options – Magenta line to go to Kalindi Kunj station and Blue line to go to Mayur Vihar station.”
- “The DMRC will now study the technical aspects of the proposal and see if it is feasible,” he said.
- Once approved, the Botanical Garden Metro station will have three stations. A Blue line station, a Magenta line station and the third proposed from the extension Metro line from Sector 142. For the first time, the DMRC could also construct a double-decker Metro station.
- Meanwhile, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) officials said they were running three months ahead of schedule on the construction of the 28.8-km Noida-Greater Noida Metro track.