The Noida Authority said that it has decided to build 5 elevated road projects to address the issue of traffic congestion.
- Work on one of the 4.8 km. elevated road, with a budget of Rs. 500 Crore, is in full swing. The road is being built above Master Plan II road and the authority had begun the construction work in November 2014.
- Officials said the authority is now set to begin work on its 2nd elevated road, 1.5 km. long, above Master Plan I road, which is another busy route. This section will start from Sector 12/22 junction and end at Sector 12/10 and 21/21A crossing, right next to Noida Stadium.
- Apart from this, the authority has already planned to build a 5.8 km. long elevated road above Shahdara drain to decongest the Delhi-Noida Link road.
- A 2.5 km. long elevated road will be built by the authority above the congested Dadri-Surajpur-Chhalera (DSC) road, which connects Noida-Dadri-Greater Noida.
- Another 1.5 km. long elevated road is planned to be built above Chhijarsi village to connect the 17 km. long FNG Expressway stretch.
- “As of now, Delhi has only 3 elevated stretches, Barapullah, Narayana & Dwarka. Gurgaon has no plans for elevated roads to decongest its roads from traffic, whereas, we have already planned 5 and are planning to construct more elevated roads. There is no exaggeration in saying that Noida will become a city of elevated roads and better commutation soon,” said a Noida Authority official.