In a recent development, Noida Authority has launched a special cleanliness drive to address civic problems in Noida.
- Starting with immediate effect, the city will be cleaned by the sanitation and health department in two parts starting from 5am every morning till 6 in the evening.
- To ensure the drive is a success, additional equipment and vehicles have been pressed into service.
- The initiative will help in effective cleaning of drains, which, if full causes water-logging and subsequently, damage to roads, and potential mosquito breeding.
- The arterial roads of the city and areas from where we have been receiving complaints are being addressed.
- In order to remove the complaint of water-logging, pipes and storm-water drains are being cleaned so that water does remain logged causing inconvenience to residents and motorists.
- Sanitation and health officials have been directed to position pumps to drain out rain water. The department’s staff will also be on duty 24×7 to deal with any emergencies during the entire monsoon months.
- Sanitation department has also been directed to carry out fogging to deal with dengue larvae from July 1, 2016.