Uttar Pradesh Government proposed schemes for development of National Capital Region (NCR) in the 2015-16 budget.
- Dadri-Noida-Ghaziabad investment area and Meerut- Muzaffarnagar industrial area have been identified in Uttar Pradesh under the 1,483-km long Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor.
- It is proposed to set up two electronics manufacturing clusters (EMC) — one each under the Yamuna Expressway and Greater Noida Industrial Development authorities.
- A decision has been taken to set up medical university in and a super speciality hospital in Greater Noida besides setting up a paediatrics super speciality medical institute in Noida, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav added.
- In his speech, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said, “A six-lane elevated national highway will be constructed in Ghaziabad, which will ease traffic between Delhi and Meerut. It will be the longest elevated national highway of the country.”
- Metro rail expansion project of 11 km. worth Rs. 1,838 Crore is being implemented in Ghaziabad city.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav also said, “Rs. 3,000 Crore have been set aside for Lucknow to Agra Expressway (Green Field Project).”
Sources: Business Standard