It is a hassle, when you get stuck in a traffic jam in peak hours of the day. Traffic surveillance in Noida will soon become hi-tech, with the traffic police department set to get equipped with drone cameras.
- Drone surveillance will save time of the police personnel. As the turn-around time will be quick, a team will reach the incident spot to tackle traffic jams & other traffic related issues.
- There will be a command centre at the police control room in Sector 14A.
- A system is being developed to receive real time data from the drone and circulate it immediately on the wireless network for quick action.
- In case of a traffic jam in any locality, the drone will be released for real-time monitoring of the situation. With the help of live footage from the drone, the command centre staff will guide the ground staff to the exact site of the problem.
- The live feed would quicken the response mechanism and provide relief to the commuters.
- The department is also planning to update traffic details live through social networking sites, enabling commuters to plan their routes accordingly.