The six-lane Hindon elevated road is on track for completion for its April 2017 deadline.
- According to Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) officials who reviewed the progress of the work, 34% of the road is complete and the project will comfortably meet the deadline.
- This elevated road will be of 9.3 km. and is is touted as the country’s longest elevated road to be built on single pier.
- A total of 3,497 segment blocks will be needed, out of which 570 segment blocks have been made in the casting yard set up at Sector 8 in Vasundhara.
- After recent deliberations with the DMRC, the GDA decided to allow the elevated road to pass over the Metro line that it was intersecting on GT Road.
- The six-lane Hindon elevated road is the GDA’s ambitious project that will connect UP Gate to Raj Nagar extension. Once complete, the road will reduce the travel time to a mere 10 minutes, while as of today commuters brave massive traffic jam on a daily basis and to mention the travel time that sometimes takes more than 45 minutes.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs 1,147.6 crore of which the GDA has spent 39%. The NCR planning board is lending Rs 700 crore to the GDA.