Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the much awaited expansion of NH24. In what will finally come as a big relief to lakhs of commuters using Nizamuddin Bridge on the Hapur stretch of NH-24, widening of this corridor will start from this month.
- This will be implemented through hybrid annuity, a new variant of public private partnership (PPP) model.
- This 14 lane expressway will include:
- One 6 lane expressway
- 4 lane national highway, on both sides of the expressway
- One cycle track, on both sides of the expressway
- Once this expressway is completed, the travel distance between Delhi to Meerut, which is currently 2.5 hours, will be reduced to 45 minutes.
- The widening of this stretch will increase throughput of vehicles and no idling will reduce pollution.