For many of you, staying fit must be the New Year’s resolution, right? For residents of Noida, who wish the same, this is soon going to be reality. How? Here’s how:
- Come April and open air gymnasiums with state-of-the-art facilities will get operational at the city’s several parks.
- For everyone who has a dream of staying fit as a fiddle, the Noida Authority is opening gyms in fifteen of the 27 parks owned and maintained by them.
- Rama Raman, Chairman & CEO, Noida Authority said, “The gym equipment will be suitable for use by people of all age groups. The ease of accessibility and free usage may entice residents into adapting a healthier lifestyle.”
- Gymnasiums will be set up at parks in sectors 12, 19, 23, 33, 34, 35, 36, 39, 40, 44, 46, 47, 48, 50, 51, 52, 54, 55, 56, 61, 62, 70, 93A, 105, 108, 119, 122 and Mansorover Park.
- “The idea is to offer people with a holistic fitness experience. The tenders should be finalised by the end of this month,” said Omveer Singh, Director (Horticulture), Noida Authority.
- The equipment will include air walkers, sit-up benches, air swings, stair steppers, leg presses, pull-up chairs, exercise bars, chest presses, bench presses, sit-up stations, cross-walkers, twister, rowing machines, etc.
- All machines will be tamper and weather-proof and will be clamped onto concrete slabs across rubberized tiles, making it impossible to move them manually.
- Guards posted at parks will conduct frequent checks to ensure that the machines are being used in the right manner and not being tampered with.
- The selected agency will also be given the responsibility of maintaining the equipment for 5 years, officials said.