As part of its initiatives, the Ponty Chadha Foundation sets up medical camps regularly to conduct free tests and check-ups. Recently such an event was conducted, where the foundation in collaboration with Dr. Ram Saran Garg Indo German Hospital organized a health camp in Mehrauli village in Ghaziabad. Here are some of the highlights of the health camp:
• One hundred and twelve community members from 800 families in the village attended the camp.
• The camp was held at the village school where people were given a token as they waited for their turn. They then registered their names and ages in the OPD card after which they were called by a doctor for a check-up. Later, they collected the medicines from the distribution counter.
• There were patients who had problems related to cataract, skin and teeth for which they were referred to the Indo German Hospital. Here they would be given facilities for further check up and discounts for treatment would be offered.
• The doctors at the camp pointed out that the village had a high number of patients with respiratory and joint problems.
• The health camp received a good response from the villagers. They said the free camp had benefitted them very much as they got medicines for regular problems for which they had never received any treatment before.
The foundation was set up by Mrs. Jatinder Kaur Chadha, wife of the late Mr. Ponty Chadha with an aim to channelize the group’s capabilities towards social welfare and economic development of the related communities.