“Infrastructure is much more important than architecture”… Rem Koolhaas
Understanding the importance of infrastructure, The Ghaziabad Development Authority has allocated Rs. 1500 Crore for various infrastructure development projects, to be undertaken by it in the city, in its budget estimate for financial year 2016-17.
- Total revenue expected to be received by GDA during 2016-17 has been estimated at Rs. 2056.80 Crore, while total expenditure to be incurred by it under various heads during the same period is pegged at Rs. 2370.10 Crore.
- GDA officials said 500 hectares have been identified for the land bank, in the Pipeline Road area behind Raj Nagar Extension, and alongside Northern Peripheral Road.
Not just this, there are many other developments along NH24:
- The widening of NH24 will impact residential projects located in the developed markets in this area.
- Infrastructure development like this will reduce commute time from Ghaziabad to Delhi.
- The 10.3 km long six-lane elevated road is being developed by the Ghaziabad Development Authority at an estimated cost of Rs. 1148 Crore. It is targeted for completion by the end of 2016.