To the joy of Ghaziabad residents, the Union Minister V.K. Singh said that work on Metro from Dilshad Garden to New Bus Stand would start in December this year. Moreover work on much-awaited and much-needed widening of NH24 would start in January next year.
• All the necessary paperwork related to widen the NH 24 is complete and the project will commence early next year.
• In another development, the Ghaziabad power department has initiated a project to provide real time updates on local breakdowns and supply failures to consumers on their mobile phones.
• Apart from this, they would also intimate them billing dues and payment confirmations.
• A deadline for a month had been set by the department and the meter readers to visit all the houses to update all the mobile numbers in their database.
• The alert system is expected to be operational by March-April next year.
Source: NBT, TOI