It’s good news for the 1.66 lakh electricity consumers in the trans-Hindon area in the Ghaziabad district. The residents would soon get SMS alerts on their electricity bills. This would mean that the Ghaziabad residents would not have to complain about the delay in delivery of their power bills.
• To begin the SMS service, the consumers would have to register their mobile numbers with meter reading staff.
• If the consumers choose to pay their bills via cheque, they would have to mention their mobile numbers at its back.
• The phone numbers would then be added to the bills.
• This service would start as a pilot project in trans-Hindon area in Ghaziabad.
• In the second phase, the service would be available in the entire district.
• The entire district is already connected with the online facility.
• The electricity department expects to generate more revenues with the use of technology.
• The project had been announced last year but due to technical glitches its implementation was delayed.
Wave Group’s project, Wave City, located on the NH24, the newest suburb of Delhi, is one project that would have an extensive SMS alert facility. The project is IBM-enabled smart city and the residents would get alerts on their mobile phones about all the happenings in the city.