At GDA’s 141st board meeting, the authority approved the proposal to utilize Rs 166 crore fund, lying in its infrastructure development corpus.
• This fund will be utilized in developing the infrastructure of Ghaziabad.
• GDA plans to put around Rs 55 crore to strengthen and beautify the road along Hindon River leading to Raj Nagar Extension from GT Road.
• Rs. 17 crore from the fund will be utilized on grade separator for traffic regulation at the Meerut Road T-point which is the confluence of NH-24 and NH-58.
• For the construction of a U-Turn at the Raj Nagar Extension crossing, a sum of Rs 15 crore will be allocated.
• To make the Mohan Nagar crossing signal-free by diversion of traffic through an alternative route, GDA has allotted Rs 5 crore.
• A City Club in Raj Nagar area will be developed soon. For this development GDA plans to allot a sum of Rs 1.32 crore.
Further to the above developments, money has also been allocated from the fund to construct or repair stretches of roads, to provide street lighting in certain areas, etc.