Ghaziabad has been witnessing various infrastructure developments recently. Keeping these developments in mind, Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation recently allocated Rs. 149 Crore for various infrastructure development projects, to be undertaken by it in Ghaziabad city, in its budget estimate for financial year 2016-17.
- The civic body also approved an expenditure of Rs. 72.85 Crore for improving water supply and sewerage system in the city.
- The corporation has also allocated Rs. 74.95 Crore for the health department. The municipal corporation has decided to spend Rs. 15.10 Crore for street lighting works in the city.
- A sum of Rs. 2.83 Crore has been reserved for the maintenance of parks owned by the civic body.
- The total expenditure planned for the financial year 2016-17 is Rs. 598.23 Crore.
With other developments happening in the city, the major and the most important development has to be pointed here, the widening of NH24.
- The recent development news of widening of NH24 will improve the residential market here.
- The construction of Delhi-Meerut Expressway would improve connectivity between small cities while increasing residential housing spot.
- The benefits of this widening will include cutting down of fuel costs by reducing travel time; speedier commuting to schools, offices and workplaces across NCR; and decline in number of accidents on the highway.
- Fuel costs of vehicles will drastically reduce if the journey is smooth.
- Office-goers and school kids can reach their destinations in NCR punctually.
- Accumulation of toxic emissions in the area resulting from constant vehicular jams on the highway is expected to come down.
- Widening of the highway will result in easier transportation of raw materials. The service sector will greatly benefit as commuting will be easy for workers and employees.
- Widening of this 28 km. line will ensure smooth flow of traffic, no long hauls which will gradually pave way for better demand for the property along NH24.
- This 28 km. stretch also to be part of the Delhi-Meerut expressway. The stretch on new alignment between Dasna and Meerut will be developed at a later stage.