“Going Green” is need of the hour. Energy efficient building designs cut costs and provide a better place to live and work. An energy efficient building will help you know how much electricity your home uses each year or the carbon footprint of your office building is.
With the usage of more air conditioners and high heat coming from outside into the building, the energy usage is quite high. An energy efficient building will have an outer shell, to help maintain the internal atmosphere and smoothen the climate control.
The ideal green building would be a building project that would allow you to preserve most of the natural environment around the project site, while still being able to produce a building that is going to serve a purpose. Benefits of an energy efficient building are not just one but many:
• The use of natural daylight in buildings reduces energy costs
• Minimises the use of air conditioning
• Balances the interior and exterior climate
• Energy saved by building envelopes can be used for alternative energy resources
• Increases the asset value
• Cuts building’s carbon emissions
• Enhance the comfort of building’s occupants