The Noida Authority is all set to open an underpass on the busy NH24 next month.
- This development will benefit thousands commuting between Noida, Delhi and Ghaziabad daily.
- The Rs. 112 Crore underpass is located in the Sector 62 area, which cuts NH24 perpendicularly near Model Town crossing.
- The underpass will be opened on August 15. According to officials, nearly 90% work has been completed.
- “We used pushback technology for digging soil to complete the project without delay. It also limits inconvenience and disruption of traffic. Motorists who have to face traffic congestion at Model Town T-point will enjoy a seamless ride once the underpass is opened to public,” said A K Goel, Chief Project Engineer, Noida Authority.
- The authority has constructed four cloverleaf – two on either side of the national highway – to reduce jams on NH24.
- Once the underpass is opened, vehicles going towards Indirapuram and Vasundhara don’t have to use the highway. The plan is to build cloverleaf loops on all sides leading to and from the NH24.