The Noida Authority has earmarked Rs 1,500 crore for the completion of 19 projects that are stuck or are in different stages of construction. The Authority aims to finish most of these projects by end of 2018 or early 2019. Officials say that they would ensure that these projects do not fall further into hurdles that may cause further delays.
- The National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) has recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Noida Authority for the supply of 80 million litres per day of treated sewage water to NTPC’s Dadri power plant.
- The project would span three years and is being hailed as an ecologically sustainable idea to conserve water.
- The dumping site at Sector 123 has been earmarked in the Master Plan 2031 and is temporarily open but the National Green Tribunal (NGT) has maintained that all the dumping should adhere to provisions as laid out in Municipal Solid Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 2016.
- Around 74,000 streetlamps would be replaced by LED lights by the Noida Authority bringing down the energy consumption by 50 per cent.
- Along the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, 400 of the 3,800 lamps have already been replaced.
- Private contractors hired by the Noida Authority and its various departments have been the talking point of those living in Noida.
- Constant strikes and shoddy work are a regular scenario as road repairs, cleaning of roads, maintenance of sewage lines are in disarray and Noida residents and Resident Welfare Associations are trying hard enough to prompt the Authority into action.