Providing relief to thousands of commuters, The Noida Authority is all set to open an underpass on the busy NH24, next month. Commuting between Noida, Delhi and Ghaziabad will now be easy.
- The Rs. 112 Crore underpass is located in the Sector 62 area, which cuts NH-24 perpendicularly near Model Town crossing.
- The underpass will be opened on 15th August 2016. According to officials, nearly 90% work has been completed.
- Pushback technology has been used for digging the soil & to complete the project without delay.
- It also limits inconvenience and disruption of traffic.
- The authority has constructed four cloverleaf – two on either side of the national highway – to reduce jams on NH24.
- Vehicles coming from Delhi will enter Noida through a loop road without adding to the burden. Also, once the underpass is opened, vehicles going towards Indirapuram and Vasundhara don’t have to use the highway. The plan is to build cloverleaf loops on all sides leading to and from the NH24.
- The underpass, once complete, will benefit over 1 lakh commuters who use the stretch daily. It will help commuters to directly access the NH-24 without any stops.