The launch of the mega Rs. 7,500 Crore project, for the widening of Delhi-Meerut Expressway, the realty fortunes of the areas in the vicinity are likely to get a boost.
- The project is likely to be completed within 30 months.
- The alignment of Delhi-Meerut Expressway will begin from Nizamuddin Bridge and continue on the existing NH 24 up to Dasna – a distance of about 30.38 km.
- From Dasna there will be completely a new alignment up to Meerut.
- The alignment will terminate on inner ring road/ Meerut bypass near Railway crossing at Meerut.
- With better connectivity as well as shorter commuting time the stretches along NH 24 will become more attractive real estate options for people.
- This widening project will greatly help in decongesting Delhi, provide a smoother ride throughout the stretch and allow an unprecedented realty growth of NH24 and its adjoining regions such as Noida, Greater Noida West and micro pockets of Ghaziabad.
- The project is proposed under four packages – Nizamuddin Bridge to UP Border, UP Border to Dasna and Dasna to Hapur and Delhi-Meerut Expressway from Dasna to Meerut. The fourth package will be a new alignment of Delhi-Meerut Expressway from Dasna to Meerut and six laning of connector.
Source: The Tribune India