To curb pollution and with an intention of increasing the green cover in the city, Noida Authority has started working on developing more parks, including NCR’s biggest park.
- This year, 35 additional parks with over 250 acre size to be developed in various locations.
- The city already has nearly 600 parks developed on 350 acre land.
- The officials of authority, that all parks to be equipped with clusters of medicinal plants, various varieties including Neem, Arjun, Amaltas, Ashok, Palms, and Coconut, and Medicinal shrubs including Tulsi, Lavender, Aloe Vera, Hibiscus and Sunflower.
- Ombeer Singh, Director Horticulture in Noida Authority said, “These parks falls in various sectors including 27, 54, 76, 77, 78, 119, 112, 119, 116, 120, 143B. 91, etc.
“The Noida Authority will develop a 29-acre medicinal garden in Sector 91, where over 25,000 plants and trees with healing properties will be cultivated, with the aim of raising awareness about the traditional therapeutic value of plants. The park to be loaded with herbal garden, open amphi theater, mediation place, zero discharge natural lake, etc.” Singh added.
- The parks will include air walkers, sit-up benches, air swings, stair steppers, equipment for leg press, chest press, bench press, pull-up chairs, parallel bars, sit-up stations, cross-walkers, etc.