In today’s world staying connected with the world is one prime concern and therefore uninterrupted internet and mobile phone services are important. In most Tier-I and Tier-II cities, cell phone signal is not an issue. Cell phone towers are almost everywhere.
- Sometimes, it may not be the fault of your service provider but because your home is in some way or the other a radiant barrier.
- Even the materials used for the construction of the building may cause a problem. Wire mesh, electrical cabling, plumbing, sheet metal can cause a varying degree of issues with your network reception.
- Usually, newer homes that go in for energy saving materials report poor signal reception. Window tinting and varied kinds of insulation affect the reception.
- Besides, nobody wants to stay too close to cell phone towers. In 2010, a Hindustan Times report quoted Professor Girish Kumar, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay, as saying: “Being exposed to a mobile tower located within 50 mtrs.of your home or workplace is like being in a microwave oven for 24 hours.”
- The report also stated how almost 50 families living close to one such tower in Jaipur had developed minor and major health hazards, some as dire as brain cancer.
- At a time when real estate developers, leasers, telecommunication giants are harping on automated homes, free wi-fi services and free outgoing calls, we understand that we are indeed moving towards smarter, technologically efficient and well-connected cities and citizens. But, mind where you are investing.
- One can try out easier methods to boost the signal. While there are ways to ensure better signal, your ‘perfect reception’ home shouldn’t be too close to a cell phone tower either.