As the mercury soars and the blazing sun comes beating down, it’s time to tweak your interiors in keeping with this time of year. Summer indeed is a challenge, given its share of scorching heat, power cuts, low water supplies, etc. Having said that, you will love to read these tips, and bring down the internal temperature of your home.
- Pick lighter shades in off-whites, caramels or apple green to lend a fresh look to your living spaces.
- Using air-conditioners are a welcoming idea to get reprieve from the heat, but they are energy-consumers. If you must them, do so judiciously.
- Keep the vents open to let the humidity out. Ceiling fans bring down temperature in a room by a cool 5 to 6 degrees.
- Likewise, turning on the exhaust vent or the chimney in the kitchen would offer a gracious exit to heat that would otherwise be trapped during meal times.
- Shady palms or tall shrubs may create shelter zones even if you decide to step out and read on a lazy weekend.