Summers are here and we give you décor ideas for the season:
1. Furniture: Summer screams for furniture which is light and airy in colours. Use removable slipcovers, or decorative throws to bring bursts of colour and brightness.
2. Curtains: Use curtains rather than drapery for bringing in cool night air. Drapery material is heavy and dark, while curtains paired with sheers can give you versatile flexibility in the summer months.
3. Bring in the Outdoors: Get indoor plants to keep the rooms cool. Flowers, plants and fresh fruit centrepieces make your home smell aromatic and look beautiful. For a more rustic feel, try bringing in eco-friendly materials like bamboo, hemp, and jute area rugs.
4. Views: Maximize your furniture placement by facing it towards your ocean view, pool, or lush green yard. If staying close to nature makes you feel good, do it! Your enjoyment of your home is based on your emotions.
5. Kid Friendly: Its summer time & summer vacation for kids. So keep your home kids friendly. Make sure fabrics and slipcovers are machine washable, and are casual and fun! Make summer time arts and crafts projects with seashells, pine cones, and nature inspired finds, which the kids can pick out. Plan an outdoor party for your kid.