Temperature is rising and is expected to rise even further. In such times, how can you keep your home cool? Well, here are few interesting tips for the same.
- Blocking the sunlight: Draw all the blinds and curtains during the day to prevent the heat and light from entering the rooms. Buy thick curtains those can block the sun. Don’t forget to close the windows either. At night, open the windows to let the heat out.
- Lights out: Replace your incandescent light bulbs with fluorescent and LED bulbs, as they consume less electricity.
- Cool chef: In kitchen, start using your microwave or a heat-efficient counter-top oven more often, as gas and electric stoves also heat up the kitchen.
- Sleep tight: Use satin pillow cases and sheets for your bed as these are smoother & cooler.
- Cool breeze: If you have a table fan, place a bottle of chilled water right in front of it. The breeze will become instantly cooler.