Traffic updates, bus arrivals, emergency situations, etc. there are so many things or events that you would want to get alerts on. When living in a smart city, you don’t have to worry about the same. In a smart city alerts are delivered through a notification system and the most common application of the service is machine-to-person communication. Very basic services provide notification services via Short Messaging Services (SMS).
You will get an SMS alert on your smart phone for essential updates.
- If you are nearing usage threshold, billing updates, payment reminders, etc. are sent to you on your phone or tablets.
- Residents are notified of information of interest or public alerts by SMS.
- Before you leave your home for work traffic updates are received on your phone.
- You don’t have to worry about parking your car. Once you enter the city, you will be alerted on your mobile about the available parking slot.
- In an emergency you will get an alert from the city command center.