In our 71st year of Independence, Indian infrastructure sector has a lot to celebrate; but have a long way to go to rightfully call ourselves a superpower when it comes to infrastructure. In next 3 decades, the transportation sector will throw up some of the world’s best and fastest modes of travel, most of which will be available in India.
- Once Hyperloop is in place, one can travel from Delhi to Mumbai in less than an hour or in five hours using the high-speed Shinkansen Bullet trains.
- The trilateral highway, India-Myanmar-Thailand, will connect Moreh, India with Mae Sot, Thailand via Myanmar.
- There is work going on Chardham Highway, to improve connectivity in these 4 pilgrimage.
- Many will be living in interconnected smart city breathing clean air, travelling across India and beyond on ultra-modern roads, rails and air networks.
- We will have superior connectivity to and from various ports.
India will be among the most advanced countries in terms of infrastructure, once all these plans are set in motion. We have already promoting multi-modal transport strategy involving railways, highways and waterways. The recent development of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Railway Project (MAHSR), launched by the two prime ministers, Narendra Modi and Shinzo Abe, India is working towards reaching this milestone.
Source: ET / Business World