It was just a few months back that we gladly informed you that the ‘naming rights auction’ by DMRC has been awarded to Wave Infratech. Wave Infratech is a pioneer of the real estate and entertainment revolution in the city. Wave Infratech gave the city – The Centrestage Mall (Now Wave Mall) and are developing world class projects in Noida like Wave City Center in Sector 25A & 32 & Wave One in Sector 18. They have become a part of another milestone in the history of Noida after being awarded the ‘naming rights’ by DMRC for the two major Metro stations.
Now City Centre Metro Station will be known as Wave City Center Metro Station.
- The station was renamed on 28th October 2015.
- Wave Infratech gets the exclusive rights to modify the colour scheme and the branding rights of the stations in conformity with the DMRC guidelines.
- Wave Infratech has exclusive marketing rights of media space for 10 years.
- The naming of a station after a brand or a company is first-of-its-kind in India and Wave Infratech is the first company to have been awarded the naming rights by DMRC.
- This station has a ridership of over 35,000.
- The station is adjacent to Wave City Center, a first-of-its-kind project by Wave Infratech.
- Apart from this station, 4 other stations in Noida will be renamed as well.
Sources: Hindustan Hindi