With increasing netizens, the crime on internet is also on a rise. The evolution of Information Technology (IT) gave birth to the cyber space wherein internet provides equal opportunities to all the people to access any information, data storage, analyse etc.
Though the word Crime carries its general meaning as “a legal wrong that can be followed by criminal proceedings which may result into punishment” whereas Cyber Crime may be “unlawful acts wherein the computer is either a tool or target or both”.
Cyber Crimes in India are registered under two different acts, the IT Act and the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Noida in Delhi / NCR is all set to help you in reporting issues pertaining to Cyber Crime. A lewd message on WhatsApp or a fake account created with your DP on Facebook? You just need to report it with the hi-tech cybercrime cell of Noida police.
- The Noida police department is all set to launch a full-fledged cybercrime department by February 15th 2016.
- The department is being set up to tackle the increasing incidents of cybercrime in the city.
- The department will primarily have four departments- data-acquisition, imaging, analysis; cyber-financial frauds investigations, social-media investigations, and mobile phone record analysis.
- The department will be headed by SP-City, Dinesh Yadav.
- The department is being supported by Nasscom for technology procurement; PWC for training and the Data Security Council of India (DSCI) for overall support.