For NH24, this New Year’s Eve was special. The much awaited expansion of NH24 was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 31st December 2015.
- PM Modi launched 14-lane, 7500 cr. Delhi-Meerut Expressway, called it a ‘road to development’.
- This highway will show the path to combat pollution.
- The development of the project will take a fast lane now.
- This will be a hub of development with all towns in this range.
- Delhi-Meerut Expressway will start from Nizzamudin Bridge. This will go till Dasna on NH24 & from Dasna it will go till Meerut.
- Once this expressway is completed, the travel distance between Delhi to Meerut, which is currently 2.5 hours, will be reduced to 45 minutes.
- This 14 lane expressway will include:
- One 6 lane expressway
- 4 lane national highway, on both sides of the expressway
- One cycle track, on both sides of the expressway
- The expected time of completion would be 2.5 years.
Townships located on this stretch of highway will be benefited manifolds with this development. Wave City, World’s Largest Green Pre-Certified Platinum Rated Township is set on NH24. With widening of the same, the property value of homes, offices, retail spaces, in Wave City will soar high.