Work on widening the Nizamuddin Bridge to Dasna stretch of NH24 to 14 lanes is soon to take off. In recent development, there will be an interchange hub (to be developed in Dasna) for the commuters travelling on NH24 & Meerut Expressway.
- Commuters, from Delhi, can use this interchange hub to commute to Hapur, Meerut & back to Delhi.
- The interchange hub will be signal free.
- There will be a separate entrance for commuters travelling towards the expressway.
- Widening work of NH24 & work on Meerut Expressway has already started.
- 1st Phase: NH24- Sarai Kale Khan-Delhi to Ghazipur (Delhi & UP Border) – 8.7 km. Budget: Rs. 937 Crore
- 2nd Phase: 14 Lane Expressway – UP Gate to Dasna – 19.2 km. Budget: Rs. 1998 Crore
- 3rd Phase: 8 Lane – Dasna to Hapur – 22.2 km. Budget: Rs. 1037 Crore
- 4th Phase: Dasna to Meerut – 6 Lane Expressway – 46 km. Budget: Rs. 3588 Crore
- The biggest interchange, for both the roads, will be developed in Dasna (0 to 28 km.).
- To avoid any traffic issues, the Merrut Expressway is been built over the Dasna Flyover.
- Work on the Eastern Peripheral Expressway has begun. The same will be just 1.5 km. from this interchange hub.
Sources: Hindustan Hindi