The Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) will be launching city bus service in August. Recently the bus trials were done for the same.
- The target is to launch 400 such buses in Noida and Greater Noida by December 2018.
- In the trial trip that started at 10.30 am and concluded at 5:20 pm, the bus was taken through six routes to identify potential bus stops.
- “We are looking at launching 50 buses by August and 100 by December. By the end of 2018, Noida should have 400 city buses,” MD of NMRC, Santosh Yadav.
- A cashless, one-card system is being worked upon. The objective is to offer Noida a one-card-one-city experience.
- The buses will be equipped with fire-resistant seats, low- floor ramps for the disabled and elderly passengers, fire-fighting instruments, real-time display, CCTV cameras, and stop alarms.
- Special seats will be earmarked for women, elders, disabled and elders.