It is said that “health is wealth”, and if you live in Noida, then there is good news for you. Recently, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav chalked out a plan to develop Noida as a “cycle-friendly” city by building 50km. of dedicated corridors across the city.
- This initiation has been taken in a bid to promote green transport and healthy living.
- The blue print for the cycle tracks is being designed by a Dutch engineering consultancy firm.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has directed the officials to implement the action plan on a priority basis to keep the city pollution free.
- The state capital, Lucknow, as well as the city of Agra, will also be developed as cycle-friendly cities, he said.
- The 1st phase of the cycle tracks will be about 12.30km. & 5.16km. long, built in Sector 62 and Sector 44 respectively.
- The total cost of the building the cycling network in Noida will be Rs. 49 Crore.
- In Noida facilities for cycle tracks, stands, shelters and bicycles on hire will soon be put into place to promote the green and healthy mode of transport.