Pollution is the major concern for our country in today’s time. Cities and states are taking enormous steps to tackle the pollution issues. Keeping in mind the importance of green living, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced a 2400 acre park in Greater Noida to bring ecological balance to the city.
“Trees and forests can contribute immensely to the quality of life in towns and cities. ‘Green lung’ benefits include climate and air quality improvement, energy saving, reduction of global warming and carbon dioxide, noise abatement, soil conservation and others,” said Yadav.
- The park will be developed in three phases and would have a butterfly park and bird lake park.
- “Scores of different varieties of trees and plants besides clusters of bamboo plants will be planted,” said CM Akhilesh Yadav.
- The green expanse will be developed according to international standards, and will cost the state Rs. 132 Crore.
- According to the proposal, about 450 hectares of land adjoining the proposed Night Safari in Mursheedpur-Sikanderabad range will be developed.
- A forest block encompassing nearly 300 hectares of land in Gulistanpur and area near the Surajpur wetland will also be developed.
In addition to this development, there are plans for other green initiatives happening in the city:
- The Noida Authority will develop a 30 acre medicinal garden in the city.
- In this garden, 25000 plants and trees with healing properties will be cultivated.
- “Traditional herbal medicines can be relied upon for healthcare. Many modern drugs come directly or indirectly from plant extracts. With the medicinal garden in place, we plan to spread this information to the public,” said Rajesh Prakash, Additional CEO of Noida.