It is a challenge to win, and Noida is a forerunner. To design and implement its plan for making the city smart, The Noida Authority is looking to rope in a leading IT company.
What’s the Plan?
- Once a partner firm is finalized, the Noida, Greater Noida and YEIDA authorities plan to set up digital infrastructure to offer better amenities to citizens.
- This plan will also include interactive kiosks, wireless broadband and upgraded safety and security services.
- The major focus of the authorities remains on managing Noida with greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- The Centre has allocated nearly Rs. 7,000 Crore for the programme.
Noida is already on its way to become India’s first city for smart living. Developments that make Noida the forerunner are:
- A citizen’ portal has already been initiated by Noida Authority.
- Noida is set to become the 1st 4G City in Delhi NCR.
- Work is in progress on the concept of recycling the garbage of the city.
- Noida is the only city to lay down sewage and drainage network in its 82 villages.
- The city has wide roads and new infrastructure developments are in pipeline to make Noida a traffic free city.
- Cycling to be promoted in all cities of UP starting from Noida.
- The next important step that Noida Development Authority has taken is to set-up CNG plants over the city to reduce pollution.
So, if you live in Noida, or plan to move in, then you are at the right place, the SMART place!