The first Metro train from Noida to Greater Noida could run as early as this December, three months before the March 2018 commissioning date.
• The first Greater Noida metro may run from December, 3 months before the commissioning date.
• According to the DMRC, this will be the fastest Metro project built in India.
• The Aqua line will be the most economical Metro project to be built in the country. Originally assessed at Rs. 200 Crore per kilometre, the actual cost of the project could eventually be around Rs. 150 Crore a kilometre or even lesser.
• The 29.7km corridor is racing to the finish line.
• The Aqua line will be connected to DMRC’s main grid via the Blue line, through an interchange at Sector 52 Metro station on the Wave City Center to Sector 62 corridor, which is being built simultaneously.
• A footbridge will take Aqua line passengers from its originating station at Sector 71 to the Sector 52 Blue line station.
• NMRC is leaving no stone unturned in readying the supporting Metro-related infrastructural facilities. They have initiated ‘one city, one card’ smart card, last month. This card will enable a Metro passenger to ride the metro, city bus service, for cinema tickets, shopping at stations and for paying parking charges. With this card, a passenger will not need cash to avail these services.