Noida-the city which encourages eco living –the healthy living!
The Netherlands, for instance, regarded as the best place for cycling in the world, has thousands of kilometres of dedicated tracks. Most other European cities are now catching up, as are states in the United States which, like this neck of the woods, is known to have a car bias. In India, Noida and Greater Noida have raced ahead of the rest of NCR in creating cyclist-friendly infrastructure.
- Well-laid, networked tracks are a key to the popularity and acceptability of cycling in cities worldwide.
- In Greater Noida, nearly 30km. of cycle tracks is ready while Noida is building 60km of dedicated lanes for cyclists.
- The cycle tracks in Greater Noida which is ready, includes two stretches of 2.5km. in Knowledge Park II and Knowledge Park III.
- Another 5km cycle track on the arterial road of Alpha I on Golf Course Road is ready.
- In Noida, the cycle track project, being built at a cost of Rs. 46 Crore, is being designed by a Netherlands-based company. In the first phase, a 12.5 km. track is being laid in Sector 62.
- The Noida Authority has announced plans to lay a cycle track along every 45-metre-wide road in the city by 2017.