Residents of Noida headed towards south Delhi will soon be able to save at least 45 minutes of travel time.
- Delhi Metro is set to throw open the stretch between Botanical Garden and Kalkaji Mandir for public use by June this year.
- After the opening of the stretch, Botanical Garden Metro station will become the first and only interchange station in the National Capital Region, outside Delhi.
- The Botanical Garden station will provide interchange between the currently operational Line 3 (Noida City Centre – Dwarka Sector 21) and the upcoming Janakpuri West – Botanical Garden corridor.
- This station will also help in connecting Noida with important locations of south Delhi like Nehru Place, Kalkaji and Hauz Khas. The Indira Gandhi International airport will also get direct connectivity to the Janakpuri West – Botanical Garden line, once it is fully operational.
- The spokesperson of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said that with the new interchange station, traveling time between Noida and Gurgaon will come down by anything between 30 and 50 minutes, with interchange facility at Hauz Khas.
- Noida will also get directly connected with the domestic terminals of the Indira Gandhi International Airport for the first time after the completion of the line. The journey from the Botanical Garden station to the domestic terminal will take about 40 minutes.