The construction of the metro corridor between Noida-Greater Noida is in full swing. According to NMRC officials, The Noida-Greater Noida Metro track connecting the twin cities with the NCR is 70% complete.
- The Metro is expected to become operational by December 2017, three months ahead of the schedule.
- According to DMRC officials, the viaduct for 19 km of the track is already in place.
- The first trial, on a 9-km stretch of the 30 km Noida-Greater Noida, will be done in July 2017.
- Trains from China are being procured for this metro project.
- NMRC is also emphasising to make this 30-km metro link economically viable so that it can run its operations without any financial hassle.
- There are plans to develop commercial spaces, at most of the 21 metro stations.
- Apart from this, there are plans to auction advertising spaces at metro stations once the link becomes operational, for additional revenue.
Sources: TOI / HT