Setting a world record is a big achievement and Noida Metro is racing towards the same. The civil works on the Noida-Greater Noida Metro track is about 40% complete. Recently, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) officials said that the Metro corridor was likely to roll by the end of next year and also set a world record as no Metro line has been commissioned in a span of two and a half years.
- As per the inspection conducted by Dr. Mangu Singh, MD, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), the pace at which the line is being developed is satisfactory.
- Singh issued directions for procurement of two additional cranes to expedite work on the track. Now a total of six cranes will be deployed for work on the link.
- According to DMRC officials, work on the Metro line is progressing at a fast pace. Till now, out of a total 1,800 U-girders, 90 U-girders have already been cast. Piling work on stations is also being carried simultaneously at all 21 stations along the track.
- Currently, concourse casting is being done at those stations which have completed piling work.
- The first station to be completed will be the Sector 72 Metro station in Noida, which is likely to be in place by the end of May.
- There will be a depot, that is being constructed in Greater Noida, which will cater to the requirements of the Metro corridor and is to be used for maintenance and servicing of the Metro coaches that will run on the route.
- The depot will be environment-friendly and its boundary wall and building will be equipped with solar panels. The electricity generated by the panels will be used by the depot for lighting its building. Coming up across 50 acres of land in Greater Noida, it will also house a ‘Metro security park’.