Noida is city of future. The city boasts of unparalleled infrastructure. The Master Plan developed by the Noida Development Authority, envisages systemic development to enhance the quality of industrial as well as social life in Noida.
To take development in Noida to another level the Uttar Pradesh government has taken initiatives to make Noida a pollution free city. Two of the major initiatives that the government & the authority have taken are:
1. Cycling to be promoted in all cities of UP starting from Noida
• Cycling will be the new development story of Noida. This has been inspired by the success of cycling in the Netherlands.
• Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister, Mr. Akhilesh Yadav, has asked for a time-bound programme to set up cycle tracks and stands in select cities and tourist hubs.
• This initiative would be an effort to control pollution and ease congestion on roads.
• Mr. Rama Raman, chairman of Noida, Greater Noida and YEIDA said that cycles will be available to employees and workers of industrial units and officers after consulting the entrepreneurs.
• For the safety of children, safe tracks will be developed for children using cycles to go to school.
• It is also proposed that cycle stands will be developed along the Metro stations.
• Most foreign tourists prefer cycle as a mode of transport.
• To cut through the traffic pressure and congestion, cycling will be promoted through rallies and campaigns.
2. CNG Plants
• The next important step that Noida Development Authority has taken is to setup CNG plants over the city to reduce pollution.
• CNG would be provided to industrial, commercial, domestic, transportation and other major sectors of the city.