A city needs good infrastructure to become the “best city”. Though Noida was felicitated with the ‘Best Housing’ and ‘Best City’ Awards, at Best City Awards held by ABP News Group, the development doesn’t stop there! The city is going to witness more development projects to make a life convenient for its residents and for people who travel here every day.
Recently, UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated 62 mega projects worth nearly Rs. 7000 Crore for Noida, Greater Noida and the Yamuna Expressway region, from Lucknow on Saturday.
“The big-ticket infrastructure and facility projects will push growth in the twin cities, placing them on the global map,” said Akhilesh Yadav.
- Foundations for 25 projects worth Rs 3246.96 Crore in Noida were laid, besides launch of 10 projects worth Rs. 1094.69 Crore.
- The CM launched 9 projects worth Rs. 413.03 Crore in Greater Noida and laid foundations for 9 others (Rs. 1140.19 Crore).
- Yadav also laid foundations for 8 projects totalling Rs. 901 Crore in the Yamuna Expressway region.
“The development plan for the three areas includes projects which will improve connectivity, boost power and water resources and help better the environment,” said Rama Raman, Chairman and CEO of the three authorities.
For Better Living!
- Among the biggest boons for Noida are the proposed elevated roads, bridges, parking bays and pedestrian pathways, worth total Rs. 1653 Crore. “This will include cycle tracks and a bus terminal in Sector 82 worth Rs. 171 Crore,” Raman said.
- The state government recently approved by-laws that are expected to clear roadblocks for the long-pending 300-bed super speciality paediatric and post-graduate institute in Noida.
- This Rs. 701 Crore facility will have a trauma unit, neurology centre, pathology lab, radiological units and intensive care unit.
For Safe & Convenient Living
- To boost law and order in the twin cities, foundations for police and fire stations worth Rs. 86 Crore were laid.
- “This includes a state-of-the-art police control room in Noida and the SSP’s office in Greater Noida,” said Raman. “Installation of CCTV cameras will enhance security and vigilance in the two cities,” he added.
- The district’s power scene is likely to improve with the inauguration of six 33/11 kV sub-stations in sectors 46, 137 and 153.
- Foundations for ten 220/132 kV sub-stations were also laid in Noida. Yadav also launched the Intelligent Traffic Management System on Noida-Greater Noida expressway.