To enhance the intercity connectivity, the Noida Authority is all set to improve the road infrastructure. The Noida Authority is set to finalize a company for the elevated ring road proposed between the Chilla regulator in Delhi and the Kalindi Kunj-Noida border next week.
- The proposed corridor will be similar to the Barapullah elevated road of Delhi.
- This elevated road is expected to decrease the traffic volume on the existing Noida-Delhi link road and to reduce the travel time to Delhi, Faridabad and Ghaziabad.
- Feasibility test for the same has already been done.
- The proposal has been forwarded for technical evaluation to Noida Authority’s consultant – Ernst & Young.
- The 5.54-km-long elevated road is proposed to run parallel to the Shahdara drain and will be linked to the Barapullah road in Delhi.
- This elevated road will give a seamless ride between AIIMS and Sarai Kale Khan in South Delhi to Faridabad, Ghaziabad and Greater Noida.
- The road is proposed to be constructed on stilts and each of the carriageways will be of three lanes on either side.