In a recent development UP government has proposed a monorail project connecting Noida with Agra. After two successful trials of the Gatiman Express, set to reduce travel time between Agra and Delhi to 105 minutes, railway authorities are bracing for a mono-rail project between Noida and Agra.
- Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav spoke about the new proposal on the foundation ceremony of the Agra-Lucknow Expressway on Sunday.
- Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan said “Planning for the 200-km mono-rail link between Agra and Noida has been initiated.”
- A meeting was held in Lucknow on November 19 to discuss the project.
- The monorail line will connect Mahamaya Flyover in Noida, the Buddh International Circuit and Mathura with Agra.
- The initial plan is for the system to run along the Yamuna.
- Government officials said the project will be built on the lines of the Sydney Monorail project.
- Alok Ranjan said that the UP government has directed the NMRC to execute the project.
A detailed project report would be prepared soon which will also have a timeline for the execution of the project.